Monday, March 13, 2017

Shapeshifting woman
how I surrender to the moon           search for myself
in the darkness when there’s only the thinnest silver sliver
        my body, my mind so still               
I become comfortable in this space
where death touches me and I lean
closer       without needing to understand.      

It would make sense to yearn
for his world.   To be swallowed by a mystery I can’t escape
anymore   unless
        I let go of everything I know, I think I am, I try so hard            to be
I am so scared in a world that kills
what’s beautiful. Scared because I kill the ugly
which is the beautiful which

bones break and knit together in unexpected ways
skin stretches sleek smooth over a body          so foreign
ears grow in wild listening              
my gaze so fierce in yellow & green
my tailbone pushes further & further
        in pain & ecstasy.
I leap into the jungle

                wound-driven          to find home.

No comments:

Post a Comment